'Nourish Bowl With Blueberry Citrus Glaze'
By T2T Food Blogger Kathryn
ROASTED VEGGIE NOURISH BOWL WITH BLUEBERRY CITRUS GLAZE
Quick , easy and flavorsome these Roasted Veggie Nourish bowls are the ultimate dinner for a weeknight meal and is perfect for meal prep! It’s loaded with flavor, made ultra delicious with a Blueberry Citrus Glaze.
Blueberry Glaze Ingredients
2 cups fresh blueberries
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp orange juice
zest of 1 lime
Nourish Bowl Ingredients
2 cups Couscous
1 Sweet Potato, sliced
1 Capsicum, cored and sliced
1 Zucchini, sliced
1 Eggplant, diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
*herbs of choice to taste.
3 cups mixed salad leaf
1/2 red onion
* Optional sesame seeds
1. Place sweet potatoes, capsicum, pumpkin, eggplant, onion and zucchini on a sheet pan and toss with the olive oil and sprinkle with herbs. Roast for 30-45 minutes (oven180°) until everything is golden and tender.
2. Make couscous according to the instructions.
3. Add blueberries and sugar to a sauce pan and simmer over medium heat(5-7min)
Once the berries start breaking down, use a spoon or a fork to mash the berries.
Add in balsamic vinegar, simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat, stir in orange juice and lime zest.
Make a bed of mixed salad leaf, then pile the couscous on top and add the roasted vegetables. Add the avocado and sliced red onion, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
4. Drizzle with blueberry citrus glaze.
*Slice veggies all the same size to ensure even cooking.
* Couscous may be substituted for cauliflower rice
* Veggies and Glaze may be cooked ahead of time, nourish bowl may be served both warm or chilled.
* Nourish Bowl can be used as a side to Chicken, Pork, Beef or Salmon.